#DCRESIDENCE @DCWEEK - http://dcresidence.tumblr.com/ will be hosting a Listen Local First Evening at The Parlour
This discussion will focus on the economic impact that DC’s Local Music Scene has on the local economy. We want to explore how we can grow relationships between local businesses, musicians and the local creative community as a whole
- How can we engage local businesses more effectively in promoting local musicians? (Thinking of the Local Music Day campaign, as a great example)
- How can we more creatively explore a variety of venues -- especially activating non-traditional venues?
- What are some of the innovative ways artists are reaching audiences and creating alternate avenues of music exploration?
- How can DC arts/culture/humanities organizations improve their work to support musicians?
- What can local music lovers do to be more proactive about promoting our DC artists?
The Live Listen Local First Showcase
8:00-11:00 pm featuring music by:
o Nappy Riddem – DJ Set
o Big Bright
o Jonny Grave
o Reginald Cyntje
o Black Hills